The 2014 Buckeye Super Sprint Season is sponsored by:
210 W Perkins Ave #3, Sandusky, OH 44870
NON-WING SPRINT RULES POSTED - SEE RULES TAB ABOVE FOR PRINTABLE VERSION!
also posted below
2015 SANDUSKY SPEEDWAY BUCKEYE SUPER SPRINT NON-WING RULES
IMPORTANT: The following specifications have been prepared by Sandusky Speedway as guidelines for the construction of a 305 Sprint. No warranty of safety is expressed or implied as a result of this publication of rules. These rules are intended as a guide and are in no way a guarantee against injury or death to participants, spectators, or others. Anything not covered by these specifications should be approved by the track officials and placed in writing. Common developments in auto racing and technology may mandate changes in these specifications. However, it is our intent to enforce and police these rules throughout the season. If a change is necessary, technical bulletins will be prepared and distributed in advance.
NOTICE: This division is being developed for the fun of racing in a low cost fashion. This requires limits in various areas to keep competition equal and fair for all participants. In order to accomplish this, if it doesn’t say you CAN, DON’T. With the help and consideration of the participants this can be accomplished. Try to live within the spirit of the rules. If you have questions, please contact track officials before you are found illegal for competition.
1. Frame and body (including fuel tank) MUST BE SPRINT CAR APPEARING, No roadster type chassis allowed.
2. Maximum front end offset is 41 inches (measured from the center of the frame to the outside of the right front tire).
3. From the right side, the front axle to the end of the nose cannot be more than 23". This means 23” NO MORE, if it is more you will be asked to cut it back.
4. Maximum right rear offset is 43 inches (measured from the center of the frame to the outside of the right rear tire).
Nerf bar must be within 2” from side wall in and even to the sidewall out of both rear tires.
5. Engine, drive line, and rear end center section must be mounted on centerline of frame.
6. Shocks must mount from frame to axel on the outside of frame nothing in between. Bar and coil over suspension are only suspensions allowed. Left side radius rods and torsion bars (if used) must run on outside of frame.
7. Rear end may use a Jacob’s ladder mounted on the right side of frame and must be attached to the right side of bird cage. Panhard bars optional. NO Jacobs ladder to be used in front steering or suspension.
8. Nerf bars on both sides, panels inside nerf bars are allowed. Front and rear bumpers are required. But must be sprint car appearing and must be inside frame rails.
9. (Front spindles) Steel recommended no titanium.
10. Rear end lower shaft may be steel or titanium.
11. No open drive lines allowed. Aluminum torque tubes are allowed as well as aluminum rear axles. Torque tube hoop is required.
12. No carbon fiber or titanium allowed anywhere on car. No aluminum bolts.
1. Sprint car steering gear box only, must be in drivers cockpit. Steering drag link must go from steering box arm to pitman arm nothing in between.
2. Steering wheels must have a quick release hub. It is recommended that pin style hubs be marked so rescue workers can easily locate the pin.
3. Drag link tether mandatory.
1. Front air dams may be no wider than the frame.
2. No aerodynamic surfaces or panels outside of mainframe rails, except nose wing per specs.
3. No more than 1inch lip on rock panel behind driver and can’t extend rear ward beyond the rear roll cage.
4. Only two vertical lips or rails may be on the hood surface and may be no more than 1 inch high.
5. NO ADJUSTMENT OF ANY KIND IN DRIVER COCKPIT
6. Cockpit right side panel must be where driver can see out the right side while sitting in car.
7. Cockpit side shields not to extend rearward
1. Methanol only. NO gasoline, nitro, or nitrous oxide. No water
2. ANY car, at discretion of technical inspector, may be required to drain their fuel cell and refill it with fuel provided at the track. Failure to comply is grounds for immediate disqualification.
3. No additives of any kind, except for approved top oil.
1. Wheels must be steel or aluminum and wide-5 wheels allowed. Safety pins are required in the outer ends of the rear axle to keep nut from coming off.
2. No pressure pop off bleeders allowed.
3. Front wheels cannot be wider than 10 inches.
4. Right rear max. 18” left rear max. 15”
WEIGHT WITH DRIVER IN CAR
1. A true dirt car defined by use of Jacobs ladder, rear torsion bar and a 3 link front axel, may
weigh a minimum of 1500 lbs.
2. Asphalt car (coil over, etc.) 1600 lbs.
3. Any car running an engine more than 305 CI. Add 100 lbs.
4. Any car running an engine more than 360 CI. Add 200 lbs.
5. NO ENGINES OVER 410 CI.
1. Hoosier tires required. See size and compound chart included. First race of the
Season you can buy 4 tires, after the first race you can buy only 2 tires per night.
2. No chemical treating of tires to soften compound allowed.
3. You must start the feature on the RIGHT REAR TIRE you qualify on. This tire must be on the RIGHT REAR at the start of the feature.
4. If a tire is damaged as a result of an accident or becomes flat on the racing surface, it shall be replaced only with a tire that has been previously stenciled. (The first event is excluded). If a new unmarked or unlabeled tire is used in the feature, the tire must be approved by a track official prior to the start of the feature. If approved, the car will start at the tail of the field.
5. ANY car found with an unmarked or an unapproved tire, illegal compound, transferred or reproduced markings or labels, or markings or labels not placed on the tire by track officials shall be disqualified and the owner and driver shall NOT receive any prize money or points for that event.
6. NO USED TIRES ARE TO BE LEFT ON SPEEDWAY PROPERTY!!!!
2045 or M45 FRONT
M20 L. REAR
2020 L. REAR
6. b. First event every car can use 4 new tires.
6. C. After first event only 2 new tires can be used.
1. Any ignition system may be used.
2. Battery must be mounted in the engine compartment and be fully enclosed in a spill proof plastic box. The battery box must be solidly fastened and be approved by the tech director. A gel-filled battery is recommended.
3. Battery may be located behind or under the seat if it is a DRY battery. Note-This does NOT include gel-cells.
4. No carburetors or carburetor style injections allowed. Stacks must be removable for tech inspection.
5. No rev kits will be allowed.
6. Functional mufflers are mandatory.
7. Officials and tech director will have the right to check engines at any time and will have the final say in determining the eligibility of any engine.
The following safety equipment is mandatory.
1. Fire suits of at least one fire resistant layer, underwear, socks, gloves, and shoes.
2. Helmets of SA2010 or newer.
3. Arm restraints. SEAT BELTS NO MORE THAN 3 YEARS OLD
4. Roll bar padding on all top bars above driver.
5. On board fire system is strongly recommended
6. Side head restraints are strongly recommended.
7. Approved head restraints are MANDATORY. Approved head restraints are Hans, Hutchinsons, D-Cell, G-Force & Hewitt. Questions on other brands, call the track for approval.
8. A check valve is required in the fuel tank breather to prevent escape of fuel if the car is up side down.
9. A shut off valve is required in the main fuel line from tank to pump as close as possible to the tank.
1. All competing cars will be subject to technical inspection every night throughout the season at any time.
2. Any car not conforming to the specifications will be subject to one or more of the following:
a. Car may be disqualified, forfeiting all points for the season, plus any money and points earned that night.
b. The severity of punishment will be decided upon by Sandusky Speedway officials.
3. All cars are subject to safety inspections by officials. Workmanship and appearance shall be a determining factor whether officials permit the car to enter competition.
4. In all protests or inspections, it is the driver’s duty to prove his legality, not the officials to prove the violation.
5. All drivers must race at least 3 races to be able to protest another driver in their division. All protests must be brought to the Event Director's or Head Technical Staff's attention after the feature has been completed. Cost of protest is $400 cash. For the first 2 weeks, there will no protesting at all for anyone.
REMEMBER: Sandusky Speedway and its officials reserve the right to change specifications/procedures and add/or subtract cars to the field at anytime. Those who sign-in and/or start in an event agree to be governed by these rules and by all decisions of the Speedway and its officials.
THE USE OF ANY TRACTION CONTROL DEVICE i.e. MSD GOLDEN EAGLE ect. WILL RESULT IN EXPULTION FROM SANDUSKY SPEEDWAY FOR LIFE!
2015 Purse SANDUSKY SPRINT RACES IS AS FOLLOWS: Feature (25Laps)1-$600, 2-$400, 3-$325, 4-$275, 5-$250, 6-$240, 7-$230, 8-$220, 9-$210, 10-24 $200
Purse for 15 or more cars: 1-$1000 , 2-$400, 3-$375, 4-$350, 5-$340, 6-$330, 7-$320, 8-$315, 9-24 $300
RACING TIRES AND RACING FUEL WILL BE AVAILABLE AT THE TRACK.
Any questions/comments contact: Kevin Jaycox 440-213-7003
CONGRATULATIONS TO KEVIN MINGUS - Z10
KEVIN MINGUS IS THE 2014 BUCKEYE SUPER SPRINT CHAMPION.
JOIN US IN CELEBRATING KEVIN CHAMPIONSHIP THIS WINTER DURING THE BANQUET OF CHAMPIONS. INFORMATION TO BE POSTED SOON!!
Sandusky Speedway owner Kevin Jaycox announced today that BSSS SPRINTS will return to Sandusky Speedway in 2015 with some major changes. Jaycox announced that in 2015 the Sprints are going " topless" and the wing series will become non-wing in 2015. We will also allow other engines to run with us. Also new to the series will be a weight rule. We are very excited to announce these major changes to the 2015 season. Our new rule book will be out next week.